Thursday, February 26
Middle East Books & More
1902 18th St. NW
Washington, DC – 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
What happens when a major Israel lobbying organization actually becomes part of the government? It has already happened in Virginia! Author Grant F. Smith presents findings from his new book, The Israel Lobby Enters State Government: Rise of the Virginia Israel Advisory Board. Smith will explore:
- What is the Virginia Israel Advisory Board (VIAB) and where did it come from?
- Is it really an advisory board, or stealth, taxpayer-funded Israeli export promotion board?
- In what ways do VIAB board members participate in the supposed "job generating" investment projects they bring to Virginia?
- What is the track record of VIAB’s secret, code named projects such as "Jonah, " "Turbine," and "Biofuels?"
- What Israeli companies are actually behind the projects and what state funding have they received?
- Which code-named projects have been listed on the UNHCR list of entities profiting from the Israeli occupation?
- Is VIAB the harbinger of a near future of Israel and its lobby operating inside other state governments?
Join us for a lively presentation, Q&A and opportunity to purchase author signed paperback copies of the book exposing the expanding state corruption scandal that nobody is talking about!
About the Author:
Grant Smith is the director of the Washington, DC-based Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy (IRmep). He is the author of the 2016 book Big Israel: How Israel’s Lobby Moves America and Divert! Numec, Zalman Shapiro and the Diversion of U.S. Weapons-Grade Uranium Into the Israeli Nuclear Weapons Program (2012).
Smith has also written two histories of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). America’s Defense Line: The Justice Department’s Battle to Register the Israel Lobby as Agents of a Foreign Government and Foreign Agents: AIPAC from the 1963 Fulbright Hearings to the 2005 Espionage Scandal.
Smith’s reports about the Israel lobby and Freedom of Information Act lawsuits to reveal official US policy on Israel’s nuclear program appear frequently in the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs and Antiwar.com news website.
Want to bring the author to address your community? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-342-7325!
Grant F. Smith is the author of the new book The Israel Lobby Enters State Government. He is director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy IRmep in Washington, D.C. which co-organizes IsraelLobbyCon each year at the National Press Club.
The post February 26 in Washington DC: Talk by Grant Smith on The Israel Lobby Enters State Government appeared first on Antiwar.com Blog.